For must of us, I think it’s safe to say we establish a routine and we stick with it for a long time.
At the beginning, we make conscious decisions about individual parts of a routine, but before long, we’re just doing. Doing subconsciously.
Before we know it, months have passed.
The truth is there’s comfort in a nice routine, but there are also downsides. Downsides for us personally, for our relationships and for our leadership.
While I’ve not written much here in quite some time, I intend to change that and start a new series called, “Shock the Status Quo.”
It’s all about examining life, determining what needs to change, and being intentional about making change happen.
Here’s a taste of what you can expect in this series.
- How a friend of mine shocked the status quo by starting a note-writing campaign called “Thank You Revolution”;
- How I led a team from “I hate my job” to “I love my job”;
- How developing a personal mission statement and goal setting will put your life on hyper-drive;
- More tips to shock your own status quo.
- And what the Bible has to say about it all.
I hope you enjoy this series, participate in comments section below, and tell others about it.
Question: How has being intentional about making a specific change improved your life?